Marketing with postcards is one of the most popular and successful ways to build your business. It maintains a high success rate for generating sales leads bringing customers to your website. Not only are postcards the least expensive form of direct mail, they are easy to create and are read nearly 100 percent of the time.
Postcards work for every industry, business to business and business to consumer. It is a quick and easy way to share important information and they are popular because they are simple to create and inexpensive to print. It is important to design them appropriately so that you will reap the benefits and make your postcards worthwhile to you and your business.
- Intrigue, don’t close – There’s not enough space on a postcard to try to close sales directly. A postcard should captivate enough attention to motivate your customers to take the next step. There’s two sides to every postcard, so make the best of them both.
- Include easy, relevant contact information – Make the next step very clear. If it is not obvious and easy for the customer to take the next step, they likely won’t. Lead customers to a phone number or a website that is relevant and easy to remember.
- Know your target – Postcards can target specific zip codes, residences or business-to-business, a specific income bracket and pretty much any other demographic. Target your audience, make it relevant to them and you will get better results.
- Make the message simple and clear – Just as your audience should be specifically targeted, so should your message. Tailor it to your customer and make the message simple and clear. Use headlines and images to be sure that your message is received.
- Memorable name branding – There will always be people who discard your mailings without reading the message. Make sure your company’s brand is clear in color and images. With repetition and clear branding, even those who frequently toss your postcards will begin to recognize your brand and receive that message.
- Include a real-world, real-result testimonial – Testimonials add validity to your message. They can verify that you can do what you claim to do. Don’t fabricate your testimonials. Use a credible testimonial from someone who can be found online and with results that actually happened.
- Multi-tasking cards – Postcards can be used for more than direct mail marketing campaigns. They are great for handouts, publication stuffers, bulletin boards, reminders, gift cards, coupons and more.
When it comes to postcards, nothing is faster and more cost effective than online printing. At Fast Printing Co you will receive only the best quality, full-color postcards at an affordable price. Whether you need 250 or 5000 postcards, Fast Printing Co offers the fastest turnaround times and unmatchable customer service.